The collective meandering thoughts of Kelly and Benji.

Wednesday 2 January 2008

Texting Famous People (!)

02 Jun 2006


Well, what an eventful morning I have had, it all started last night in a quiet little pub in Winchester....

Whilst popping to the lavatory I discover a name on the wall scrawn with some kind of biro (could have been made by 'bic', this has not bee confirmed though). This name was a certain 'Andy Burrows', thats right kids, the drummer of Razorlight. Knowing that Sir Burrows was from Winchester and often 'hangs out' in this public house, I think that this message may well be real and true. Without giving too much away as to the message itself, I will let you into a little secret that thrusts this story onwards.... THERE WAS A PHONE NUMBER THERE!!! So, naturally I pop the phone number into my mobile under the name 'Andy Burrows?'

This morning I tell a dear friend of mine about this number. After some shrieking (and possible small hand claps that she often does) (the truth of the small hand clapping action has not been confirmed), we decide to text this number in a hope of meeting, snogging, and maybe marrying the cheeky Razorlight beat-keeper.

So, in a cunning, sly way I text this number saying "Hey mate! How are you!? Ain't spoken to you in a while, hope everything is ok! text me back!'

"Did he reply????!?!" I hear you scream...well yes, he indeed did.

"Who is this?" he barked back at me, possibly he didn't have my number in his contact list for some reason...

"it is Ben!" I hark back at him, hoping that he would indeed reveal that he is Andy Burrows, and maybe invite us round to listen to some stuff Johnny has been writing....

"Who do you want?" he requests, rather unfriendly I do think!

"Andy." (losing hope now) "have i got the wrong number? Oh dear" (losing the rest of my hope)

"Yeah, you have, sorry" he rejects us..... alas.... it either wasn't his phone, or he just thinks we are too cool for him to talk to us.... We didn't even get to shout at Borrell telling him to put his shirt back on, dammit.

But still I have the number in my phone 'Andy Burrows?' will always be my friend, and I shall show everyone I meet this famous person's number, I'm THAT cool.


Benji

No comments: