The collective meandering thoughts of Kelly and Benji.

Wednesday 2 January 2008

SPOTTED!!!

10 Feb 2006

People! Have just returned from what i thought was going to be a routine trip into town to do the usual boring stuff, but no, I was sorely mistaken...
Wandering around Sainsbury's, after picking up my four pints of milk, when suddenly I was stopped in my tracks, by the lovely celebrity vision that I saw before me...yes people, it was in fact...James Dreyfuss, AKA Tom from 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme' or Goody from 'The Thin Blue Line'!!!!

Now, calm yourselves! I know that he's quite an A-list celeb, so i will give you some time to get your breaths back and relax....

Naturally, because I had such a big celebrity in my midst, I did rather freak out a bit. I know, I know, I should have kept my cool, but I just couldn't help but shout rather loudly "OH MY GOD BEN!!! THATS THINGY FROM GIMME GIMME GIMME!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!". At which point Ben pointed out that he was looking at me a bit funny....

We then proceeded to follow him around the supermarket, daring each other to talk to him, but in the end we didn't, we just looked at him really...Benji did suggest that we go and stand next to him and try to be funny (not that we actually need to try, as funniness just naturally runs through our blood...) and that he would realise just how funny we are and get onto his mates at the BBC to get us a show, on Radio 1 perhaps...But alas, I experienced a rare moment of shyness and instead went looking for poppadoms.

But as i turned the corner into the vegetable section, who do I see before me, but none other than 'Colin Murray Man'! For those of you who don't know who 'Colin Murray Man' is, let me explain. He is in fact someone I spotted at an 'Open Mic Night' at the union and I was convinced that he was in fact the God that is Colin Murray! Then obviously I came to my senses and realised that seeing as though Mr. Murray is bum chums with every good band going and probably gets invited to every gig in London for free...he probably wouldn't be hanging around in the Winchester Student Union. But it was in fact someone who looks rather like him, and now everytime I see him, I loudly declare to whoever I'm with, "THERE IS COLIN MURRAY MAN!!!!". Unfortunately, I did this today, only moments after embarassing myself in front of the guy off the telly. So I now appear to have turned into some deranged woman who stalks the aisles of Sainsbury's searching for celebrities (though 'Colin Murray Man' is not strictly a celebrity, but in fact only a celeb lookalike, but in the words of the great Paddy McGuinness "You'll do for me!").

The most exciting moment had to be when we were in the queue to pay and I practically had one on each side of me!!!! Very exciting! Tried to slyly take a picture of 'Tom' on my phone, by subtly prentending to text someone, but he kept turning away just as I was about to take it! Don't these people have any consideration for weirdo's trying to photograph them when they are shopping?! Gosh!!! He also caught Ben looking at him too, and left the shop quite soon afterwards...

And with that he was gone...walking out of our lives as quickly as he walked in...never to be seen again...(apart from on UK Gold perhaps)...Ah well, there is always 'Colin Murray Man'...


Kelly


Currently listening : Silent Alarm By Bloc Party Release date: 22 March, 2005

No comments: