The collective meandering thoughts of Kelly and Benji.

Wednesday 2 January 2008

All Good Things Must Come To An End...

04 Jun 2006

Well, its finally happened, the sad day has come. I am no longer a student, and its really quite upsetting.

My last week as a tax dodger was spent bashing out two essays, revising for an exam on Friday. So when I got to the end of the week, I thought that I would feel relieved or maybe happy that it was over. But oddly, I just feel a bit empty.

My exam was 3 hours long, and I left half an hour early, because I had written everything I could, and thought that I had done enough. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but it's done now, so no going back. So, I raised my hand to say I had finished, got up, grabbed my bag, and sadly walked out of the room, only to find myself unable to open the door, and knowing that everyone was looking at me. Damnit!!! Why isn't 'entering and exitng a room in a cool manner' a module choice?! Then I walked out of West Downs for what may be the last time. And it made me sad. Thats where it all started, and thats where it was ending! So many happy memories, I want to go back and do it all over again! But obviously I can't, so i'm just going to relive a few of them here!

Firstly, there was my amazing first year as a resident of House 9. I remember feling sick with nerves the night before I moved in, babbling things like "What if i don't like them?" or "What if they don't like ME?!" But, i got there, and i loved them, and they thought i was alright, and now I don't know how I ever lived without them...

In the words of Leslie, House 9 was full of "good times, good times". Evenings spent in Ruthio's room. Being chucked out of Ruthio's room for making too much noise. Hanging out of my bedroom window and chucking wet blobs of toilet tissue at Ruthio's window below. The Robcakes/Benji's guitar hostage situation. Robcakes in general. The first game of centurion. Leslie vomitting on Emma's bedroom window. The mystery of the stolen paddling pool. The painting of our notice board. Donning aprons and stealing Ben's food but being caught. Trying to put the microwave in Ben's cupboards and getting caught. Water fights, being told "enough!" by the wardens. Dressing up and waiting around with Hannahbelle, Beckaroo and Leslie for Andy for 3 hours with water balloons only to miss him completely and waste the balloons! Me, Becky and Hannah deciding one evening to 'wear all our clothes at once', then taking an outing to the laundrette, only to turn the corner and be confronted by the football and rugby teams, at which point myself and Becky ran away home leaving Hannah to face the music, wearing her pants and bra over the brightest clothes imaginable. Benji decalring "I want to have Justin's babies!". Persuading Benji not go to his letures and to stay at home to watch Bo Selecta. Water fights. Drinking games. Being sick in the street, and using leaves as tissues. Scaling statues and riding horses. Guildhall. Moloko's flavoured vodka. "Benji loves House 9 like a fat kid loves cakes". Basically, one of the best years ever.

Then came year 2, my year as a squatter in the Wykham Terrace lounge. More drinking games. Having Mike jump on my head. Guild on a Monday night. Hangovers on a Tuesday morning. BBQs. Laughing at the atrocious 5 a side team (well done for trying boys). Dirty housemates. Stolen trainers (which i still haven't got back. Bastards.) Acoustic nights at the union. Meeting the lovely Colin. And getting tattoo's on a whim.

And finally, the 3rd year. Where i was again officially living back in Winchester, and loving it! Flinty and Marcus, Channel 69. Indie Pothouse. A poster of the lovechild of Gerry Adams and King Alfred in our lounge. Extreme balancing. Setting up camp in the library to finish our dissertations. 'Girl From Mars' campaign. Fireworks in our garden. A bar in my bedroom. Toxic cocktails. Myself and Ben's realisation that we are pretty damn funny. Gerry Adams' beard. And Scotland flags.

And thats only just the stuff I can remember off the top of my head!

But sadly, its got to come to an end sometime, and unfortunately that time is now. What can I say? It's been amazing, but this is only the beginning.

I love you bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Kelly



Currently listening : Chocolate By Snow Patrol Release date: 12 April, 2004

No comments: